Saturday 17 August 2013

Updates on Things

Hi guys, hope you are all well. Lots have been happening here at the cabin! Where do I start.........
Well at this very moment I am in my kitchen making Rhubarb and Vanilla Jam. While this is reaching Boiling point / setting, I thought I would write an update on things.



Well summer arrived and went for a few days, we have rain!!!! but next week it is warming up. The girls ( my chickens) did not like the heat, it became too hot for them. So I took them out the front of the big house were it is cooler in the afternoon to cool down. And they love it out there.
 

 
I have August's quilt block to do for quilts from around the world, the block is called X and +, I will show you more when I am making it.
 
The peg bag swap is well underway, two ladies have finished theirs and are waiting for the posting out day to arrive. I need to show you mine too.

I have been making more tea towel aprons, just need to attach pockets and ties, will show you them too.

Oh and I have some new doorstops and a Chicken basket cover, to show you.

And I have done two classes this summer,  fabric box making and red work.

I have started crocheting a ponchos for my nieces the smaller on is half complete just need to put it together and add the edging. Yes I need to show you that too.

Well I need to go now to test for set on the jam and then jarring up.
At the weekend I am off to Canterbury and then off to see my honey bees. I am waiting for two of my hives to produce Queens so fingers crossed.

I shall see you all after the weekend with lots of things to show and finish.

Thank for stopping by, see you soon.............

No comments:

Post a Comment