Thursday 22 August 2013

August's quilt block for quilts around the world.

 
 
The block requested from the August Queen Bee was the Japanese + and x block.
I have never made this block before, so I was excited to try something new. All the blocks I have made so far are blocks I have never made, this is why its such fun to sew with people around the world, you get to try something new very month!!!!!!
 
 The instruction were some great scrappy print or text fabric, bright or neutral colours but no pastels.
 
So off I went to my trays and trays of fabric to look for text fabric to start then bright print fabric. And here we have it......
 
These are my fabric choices, I have cut out into my pattern pieces.
I have 4; 5.5 x 5.5 inch squares
8; 3.5 x 3.5 inch squares
4; 2.5 x 3.5 inch rectangles
2; 2.5 x 2.5 inch squares
1; 2.5 x 6.5 inch rectangle
 
Then I made the corner squares and joined the rectangles to the squares. Finished bits to other bits. 
 
 
Joined them altogether and finished block.
 
The pattern instructions came from portlandmodernquiltguild.blogspot.com if you fancy having ago.
 
This was such a fun block to put together, the longest part was cutting the pieces out.
 
Just can't wait for Septembers block now.... Soooon be my turn!!! well January will be here soon.!!!!!
 
Thanks for stopping by............... see you soon
 
Keep sewing...


No comments:

Post a Comment