Friday 1 November 2013

September's block for quilts around the world.

 
Septembers block was made for Queen Bee who lives in Oregon USA.
She asked for a block which is referred to as a "Slab Block". its a bit like log cabin with its solid colour in the centre but you don't stick with the same size of strips to make this block.
 
The criteria was bright colours with a white block somewhere in the middle. The size and lay out of the block was up to us, as long as the overall size measures 12.5 inches square.
 
So off I went designing the lay out and strip sizes, then I looked for fabric, loved the owl fabric so I just had to add some. As it turns out the Queen Bee loves Owls too... win win...
 
I have never made this block before. It was fun and I can't wait to see the finished quilt.
 
Thanks for stopping by  and I shall see you sooon
keep sewing  

No comments:

Post a Comment